Canterbury District Health Board: Community Dental Service:
Free dental care for children.
One of our Community Dental Service preventive mobiles will be visiting your school soon.
- We will be aiming to see that all school age children enrolled with the Community Dental Service have their dental check-up in the dental mobile while it is there.
- The dental therapist will not only be checking the children’s teeth but will also Xray, clean, and apply protective treatments (including fluoride) if required.
- If your child requires further dental care such as filings they will bring home a ‘Care Plan’ which will explain what dental care and appointment times are required.
- When you receive the ‘Care Plan’ please contact our Call Centre as soon as possible as you will need to arrange a time to bring your child to one of our Community Clinics for this dental care.
- Please let us know ASAP if you do not wish your child to have any of this care, you can talk to the staff in the mobile or phone/email our Call Centre.
If you wish to be present at your child’s check up this will need to take place at our community clinic so please phone our Call Centre to make an appointment.
Call Centre for an information or questions: 0800 846 983, email: email@example.com
Southern Region Inaugural Sport Stacking Tournament:
The Southern Region Inaugural Sport Stacking Tournament is being held at Maori Hill School, DUNEDIN on Saturday 28 May 2016. This is the first sport stacking tournament to be held in the South Island and is for all ages from 3 – 60+. Registrations can be done online. All details are on the Speed Stacks (NZ) website Tournaments page: www.speedstacks.co.nz/pages/south-island-tournament
Early registration ends 13 May. Entries close 23 May.
Bellyful is a nationwide not for profit registered charity, founded in Auckland in 2009, born out of the desire to see families being supported by their fellow community members. Bellyful Selwyn was established as the 18th branch of Bellyful NZ in July 2015.
Our volunteers cook together about once a month at a ‘cookathon’ and deliver these meals to families with newborns or families with young children struggling with serious illness. There is no catch, or payment involved. We do what we do because we know that these periods in life are hard enough as it is, without having to try and worry about getting dinner on the table.
Bellyful’s main criteria is simply that the families we support don’t have others available to do what we do – cook and deliver free meals. The family must fall into one of these categories: have a new baby, have a young family with someone in the family unit with illness or terminal illness.
Please see www.bellyful.org.nz or www.facebook.com/BellyfulSelwyn, for more information.
The Parenting Place – upcoming Hot Tips Parenting Roadshow:
Raising happy, confident and resilient children – with Petra Bagust and John Cowan.
Monday 9th May, 7.30pm at Grace Vineyard Beach Campus, $5.
- Customised parenting techniques
- Giving your kids ‘grit’
- How to enjoy your kids!
Growing great relationships – with John Cowan.
Friday 12th May, 7.30pm-9pm, $10 per person, $15 per couple. Riccarton High School.
For more information, phone: 379 6053, Kirsten Wyllie and Lynley Garratt.
Please find attached an exciting opportunity for fathers and their children. Click here for more information.